Wednesday 25 June 2014

La Playa (Again)

Since my last post about La playa in February which can be read here we have been back many times and are never disappointed. So much that my cousins always opts for La playa when we are at the Waterfront together(Which I hate because theres so many other places I want to try) but I know I wouldnt regret it.

Service was warm. Our waitress Lyn, took extra time to see to us and seemed to have all the patience in the world. We ordered as follows and I can vouch that everything was incredible. (Yes I tried everything!)
  The view from the top is great.We were there in the afternoon, just before the sun was about to set and got that warm and summery feel.
The menu is vast but on the expensive side, so be prepared (a milkshake can go up to R42 and expect to pay R89 for a burger and chips). Their wide selection of cakes are beautifully decorated and displayed at the entrance - very inviting and a good tactic in attracting people. The cakes are not just appealing, they're extremely tasty too. Its hard to walk past it and not entally prepare yourself for what you want.

  
The nachos- Its really something to rave about

The chicken burger

Chile poppers
The chicken Sharwma
My personal favourite Spinach, Feta and Mushroom pancake (Which I always take because its just so much goodness.)
The Caramel and Banana pancake
The Nutella milkshake. I highly recommend this.
The Spicy chai would have been extra great with milk in my opinion, and also I love ordering tea just to get my own little teapoint haha

The milkshake is so much and so thick, Dont even bother trying to drink it with a straw. You will not win. (Although those KFC pipe straws would be perfect )
Vibe: Dates and mates
Smiley rating: 8/10
Halaal: Staff confirm's they are Halaal but they do serve alcohol.

Victoria Wharf
Shop No. 224

Waterfront, Cape Town
Western Cape



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)