Wednesday 18 June 2014

The dream catcher

For the past few weeks i've been having disturbing nightmares.Infact it's been so bad I would literally wake up sweating. In aid of helping, on my shopping trip yesterday I thought it would be a great idea to buy a Dream Catcher.
Blue because they didnt have purple
 Dream catchers are one of the most fascinating traditions of Native Americans. The traditional dream catcher was intended to protect the sleeping individual from negative dreams, while letting positive dreams through. The positive dreams would slip through the hole in the center of the dream catcher, and glide down the feathers to the sleeping person below. The negative dreams would get caught up in the web, and expire when the first rays of the sun struck them. 

Im not usually a superstitious person. I'm the type of person that would laugh at my mother for the weird things she does and believes. Yet here I was buying an object with the hopes of helping me sleep better. (Kind of hypocritical, I know). Well I had nothing to lose. Also being a Vampire Diaries and Originals fan, I knew I had to have one. I stood in the store trying to decide which one I liked and it was a really difficult decision. What to I look for? Why are there so many colors to choose from? And does bigger mean more effective? To my surprise, the cashier said she couldn't put the the dream catcher in a plastic for me as I apparently needed to carry it myself. I didn't get it but I carried it anyway. When I got home I could hardly wait to put it up. I came across a site that said I had to talk to it, treat it as a friend and tell it exactly what you wanted to achieve. I did, like a crazy person and went to sleep with some peace of mind. More psychological than anything else I would say. Kind of like the security you have  when you have blankets covering you so monsters wont attack.


Unfortunately, it didnt work. I still found myself up at 2.45am. Highly pissed at myself for believing a dream catcher was the answer. Sigh. Maybe im doing something wrong, Im not really sure but on the plus side it definately makes my room a notch prettier.


Note: Apparently according to a source I need to burn an incense stick in my room and pray. And take all my pictures I have on my wall down. Sigh... really?


2 comments:

  1. Sahih Al-Bukhari Hadith 7.841 Narrated by Abu Talha
    The Messenger of Allah (saws) said, "Angels (of Mercy) do not enter a house where there are pictures."

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pictures need to come down. Also it might be something bothering you. May Allah pak Give you Hidayah and potect yo Insha Allah

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)