Friday 13 June 2014

Eastern Food bazaar

Yesterday My Bestie and Cuzzy hopped along merrily to watch Maleficent (It was not great at all by the way) and naturally it was my fault because I insisted on going for that instead of Godzilla. So to redeem myself I had to take us to place that wouldnt be disappointng and that would have everyone covered...oh and ofcourse a place that wouldnt empty our wallets.

So we head to off and heads up, parking is a nightmare. Eventually getting into the place which is usually crowded. The 'Bazaar stretches from Darling street right across to Longmarket Street and has seating facilities upstairs aswell.

I really wish I took pictures of the menu's but there where so many! You can however google it here
See what i mean about the crowd
Throughout the store are paintings that seem to tell stories. There was one specifically that caught my eye for a long time upstairs which I unfortunately didnt take a picture of as to not be weird and disturb the couple that was sitting in front of it.


We joked about how one of these doors would lead to Narnia but the exterior is quite homely
So much love for this guy
This seriously goes well with your fries
You choose what sauce you would like with your meal
This was upstairs. This space is usually hired out for parties and gatherings (OMG this just gave me an idea)
And the food, once you decide what you want to order you go to the till point to pay and you receive a slip. The slip states what counter you need to go to and you're sorted. Quite organised I would say.

The Tandoori chicken


I had the Khati roll which is an indian omelette with chicken and salad accompanied by a Mango Lassi (Which was amazing)
The butterchicken which is served with Dhal, rice and a Roti
For dessert they have a selection of indian desserts but the ice cream really looked tempting. And so worth it

Im pretty sure this looks like a scene from Mohabatien. I just needed leaves blowing and a violin playing. 
Also I loved that while we were eating a selection of my favourite Indian songs was playing in the background.

Vibe: Mates and dates (Actually take your whole family, you'll be able to afford it and have change for dessert)
 P.S Thank you Jewels and Dada for an amazeballs day :)

They are open:
Mon - Thus 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
Fri - Sat 11:00 am - 10:30 pm
Sunday 11:00 am - 10:00 pm
96 Longmarket St, CBD
Cape Town, 8001
info@easternfoodbazaar.co.za
Tel: +27 21 461 2458

4 comments:

  1. it's a pleasure :) oh lord i forsee a party suggestion coming up

    ReplyDelete
  2. It truly is a warm atmosphere. I hope they paying you for excellent publicity

    ReplyDelete
  3. haha...maybe a birthday thats coming up soon...

    And anni lol i really should start charging people for being on here hey, but no..i do it to show people where to go to have a good tie(And where not to)

    Thanks for reading my booboo's

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)