Sunday 23 March 2014

The Blue Train

The Atlantic Express in Seapoint which is the blue train is a little (and I literally mean little) restaurant that's well, in the carriage of a train. When I first heard about it I knew i had to add it on my list of things to check out.
So I arrived there super excited I cant even contain myself and I set into the train.

Im usually a claustrophobic person so the tiny space inside bothered me. But it definitely gave the feel of train. Since I should know after my recent train ride. We decided to just have desserts as I had another place to be shortly afterwards.Although diners have allocated booths, its very hard to actually keep a conversation private.The exterior was awesome. I gave off that vintage feel that made me want to go in. However not much can be said for the interior. I get that they want the place to look old but the seats and table seriously need to be redone.
We started discussing how I would change the place and I said wouldnt it be cool if like after every hour that actual train slightly moved back and forth...or if thats to unrealistic they should like have a mellow train horn like back in the day.

Moving on They didn't have chocolate cake or chocolate mousse which I think was a bummer as that would usually be popular desserts. So we ordered these instead
The brownie in my opinion wasnt what a Brownie should taste like and we got it cold





The Peppermint dessert didnt really have that peppermint taste. I make it, I know I want to taste the peppermint more
Spur is my favourite place for Malva pudding so although this Malva was good, it wasnt great
The service was ok-ish. I feel the waitress could have done so much more to make us feel welcome. I dont want to scratch this place off my list and say that I wont go again as I believe it has potential,so maybe ill go on another day of the week and check out the vibe then.

Do check it out and let me know your experiance.

Halaal: Yes
Wifi: No
Vibe: Casual and informal

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)