Sunday 2 March 2014

Design Indaba 2014

I  absolutely love Indaba's. Too often we just drive past the Cape Town International Convention Centre and say we'll attend the events that sound so appealing on those big digital boards but I always for some reason never end up going. So for one of our tasks we had to attend the event as look at it from a Public Relations  point of view.

I could hardly contain my excitement. As we entered we got our task on a page, had to form groups of 6 and off we went looking at positive and negative aspects of every stall. Most of the stalls looked pretty good. There were different designers from fashion to food and even woodwork. A few definatly caught my eye and made me want to go in.
Mungo Towels was definatly one of my favourites. It had a huge wash-like basin inside for demonstartion

The positive aspects were the attractiveness of each stall and how a stall can speak for itself by its visuals. Also did it represent its brand or product well enough and were the people representing informative?

The negative aspects was people that were sitting down and not even trying to approach the fast moving clientele walking past. A stall ran out of business cards...like seriously this event brings about 35000 visitors every year. be prepared prepared.




This awesome biscuit was a pillow!

LOVE LOVE LOVE This neckpeice by Ashanti Gold




Overall the indaba was in essence was it was suppose to be. A platform for designers to showcase their work and for networking to take place. Now, here I am with a bag load of brochures and I have been bombed with business cards but the experience was well worth it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)