Friday 30 May 2014

Woodies- Burgers

If you looking for the best burger joint in Cape Town it gives me great pleasure to announce that I have found it for you. Yeah yeah...You're welcome.

A couple of weeks ago a friend of mine who is quite the Foodie himself sent me a picture of a gigantic burger. You know, the kind you see on 'Guy's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives on The Food Network channel and I needed some serious proof that the picture he sent me was infact taken in Cape Town. So I made him swear that It was 100% legit or I would Never talk to him again.

Weeks later I find myself liking the Woodies Facebook Page and following the Twitter account and im in awe! I HAVE TO GO THERE RIGHT NOW!!! Yesterday after studying for a million hours My Person and I headed to the VnA Waterfront Food Market to see what the hype is about.

OMG I CANT BELIEVE WE HERE. "Are you ready?" I ask him as if we doing something extreme like adopting a child or voting for...lets not go there. It takes us a few minutes to decide what we want as everything on the menu sounds amazeballs. Rafeeq, My new friend that works there ;) was more than happy to offer guidance and once we decided took the liberty of keeping us company as we watched them make our burgers live in action.

Woodies started as a business run from home. They recently opened the store in March and have been doing quite well for themselves. According to Rafeeq, weekends are a madhouse. Oh right ,excuse me I forgot that this was the part where I showed you why:
This burger is the size of my face! And wait for it...This isnt even the biggest one!

Truly a hidden gem
I love that I could see how it was done
My triple stack (R60)
ALL HAIL THE COLOSSUS (R70)
Add that my dears is what you call a burger!
I eat Mcdonalds with a knife and fork(Im not joking!) so when I had to eat this monster of a burger it required alot of effort and alot of messing! Best experiance ever. Rafeeq suggested we eat the burger upside down which is honestly the best advise as the bottom bun isnt as strong as the top to hold up the structure. I still couldnt come to terms with how no-ones mouth could ever open wide enough to get a proper bite. Or well atleast Ive never had to open my mouth that wide ;). At the end of it all, I ended up eating it as a bunny chow and didnt even finish it all (I know, I know i'm weak) but it really impressed me and I couldnt wait to share pictures with everyone. Also the fries are really good too but I swear you'll be so into your burger nothing else will matter.

Ive already got plans to go back. My friend are super psyched to try it out now. I know you dying to try them too! :)

Halaal: 100%
Vibe: Food Lovers and People up for the challange (Perfect for a lunch with your besties)
Service: Really good
Overall experiance: Out of this world.





Tel: 079 125 7228
 Mon - Sun: 9:30 am - 6:00 pm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)