Sunday 15 June 2014

Fathers day

It's 4am on a beautiful Sunday morning and im sitting in my favourite Spongebob Tee at my desk with a gigantic cup of coffee.Ive been having the worst nightmares the past few sleeps so since ive been up since forever i might as well do a post. Lord give me strength. My room smells like Provocative Woman by Elizabeth Arden. Not by choice. Its actually starting to annoy me.Its pouring outside,one of the best sleeps I have is when its raining yet my heart goes out to all those (humans and animals) without homes while I take comfort in the luxury of my heater.

So its fathers day. The day we all take out to appreciate our fathers and thank him for being so wonderfully great. For days now i've been thinking about what angle I would take on this post. Write an open letter to my dad? A letter to those who have lost their dad's? A rejection to Fathers day? or a post on the gifts I decided to get him?

Instead i'd like to use this post to thank everyone that played a fatherly figure in my life and helped make me who i am today:

To my daddy:
I thank you for everything you do for me. I think I finally understand why you never show us love the way we want you to. Whenever you get too close to someone you feel like you lose them. (I get it). Even though we dont have the conventional daddy-daughter relationship you'll always be my hero.

To my uncles:
Thank you for showing me unconditional love. And never making me feel like I didnt belong. For always pushing me to do my best and supporting me through everything. (even my stubbornness!). For accepting my flaws and insisting on meeting my friends. For always wanting to protect me. Always and forever.

To my grandfathers:
Dada- I have fond memories of you thinking back. I thank you for being the kind soul you were and I thank you for being an amazing human being
Nana- Even though I didnt get to meet you, the stories i've heard and continue to hear about you makes me wish I had.

To my brother:
Yes, he's exactly like my father, Thank you for all you do. For irritating me and always taking my stuff. For always covering for me and being your protective and quirky self. (Oh and for being my mahram when I  need it haha)

To my cousins:
Thank you for always having my interest at heart. Thank you for taking me places and making sure no one messed with me (sometimes its a bad thing actually...you scare people away) but thank you nonetheless:)

To my relationships:
Past and present- Thank you for helping with everything and making me respect dad's on a whole new level (You know who you are :) ) Also thank you for always being there, even when I think you not.

To my friends that are dad's:
Thank you for allowing me to be apart of your families and help where I can. Thank you for showing me the importance of family.

To all my friends that dad's passed away:
Stay strong and know that they are here with us always.And have reassurance that we will all be reunited again. Also thank you for making me appreciate my dad even more.

To my friends:
Who have taken the role of a dad way to many times, interviewing and scanning new suitors and disaproving of inappropriate attire. Thank you for all the love.
 
To those who have lost children:
I thank you for letting me be there to help ease the pain and I thank you for treating me as your own.

There's this cliche that Father's day is a gimmick and that it should be everyday, it is.
I agree. But considering our busy lifestyles (im not justifying anything) its good to take a day out and actually celebrate something.With them. For them. Because of them.

Ps. If you on the whole anti-father buzz it's ok. Pray for them anyway :)

Happy father's day my people. Have a blessed Sunday :)




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)