Monday 23 June 2014

The Giraffe House

Yesterday we decided to treat one of my cousins on an outing who is leaving us for 6 months to do a practical in Scotland (I know!!! She's living my dream!) so naturally we would not ask anyone what they wanted to do and do exactly what I wanted to do. (Muhahahaha). So for a long time Ive been wanting to visit The Giraffe house after a friend was bragging so much about it and I thought a Sunday afternoon would be Ideal. It was actually. We started our day with lunch at Nuri because everyone knows a story that starts with Nuri is always going to be great in my books and we then headed off to Stellenbosch to find our destination.

Thank God for GPS or we would have been super lost. It took us about 20 minutes to get there from town and we couldnt wait to get in.The ticket costs R45 and you stay for as long as you like. On arrival, you get a little bucket of food pellets that you can feed the animals. Being an animal lover, this place was almost heaven to me. They have a reptile show that happens everyday at 11am, 1pm and 3pm. We were lucky enough  to make it for the last show and it was quite entertaining. I would advise people to see the show or else the sight- seeing would feel quite unsatisfying. There's quite a selection of animals to see but obviously Gerry The Giraffe was the main attraction.
Here are my pictures of my experiance:
He's so beautiful.
There was a time where Gerry just walked away from us and it actually really frustrated me to a point where I started screaming at him and taking out all my moods that should have been directed at a totally different 'Jerry... Eventually when the crowd died down he came back to me and even let me touch him. We had something special <3
Timon and Pumba!
These goats made me want to get a goat
My beautiful Dwanky
This Ostrich was super rude(Almost picked my whole hand off)
This was part of the Reptile show. I loved that they got the kids involved
Fear factor! Yes I figured I would overcome my fear and tick it off my list. My facial expression says it all though...Sigh, good times
 It was a great outting out. I think it would have been nicer if they maybe had a little coffee shop we could stop at but unfortunately they only have a kiosk so take snacks with you for the road and maybe pack a picnic basket and enjoy it there. Also a great tip would be wear boots or old shoes. My pretty polka dot pumps are well...not so pretty anymore. Its really muddy and slippery.

Amazing day overall.

Address: C/o R304 (towards Stellenbosch) and R101 (towards Paarl),Western Cape, South Africa
http://www.giraffehouse.co.za/

1 comment:

  1. The size of that snake OMg taby our braveheart

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)