Friday 7 February 2014

Who says guys should buy the flowers?

For my 20th birthday, I received my very 1st beautiful bunch of roses. Late right? Or was it?

Every girl, I presume dreams or atleast expects her significant other to get her flowers some time or another. Now dont get me wrong... I think its adorable when guys are all sweet and stuff But! why are we waiting for them? Whats stopping us from buying flowers for ourselves? Just because we can? why do we wait for things from men? and on that note...whats stopping us from buying flowers for them?

Recently while standing in Woolies, not sure what magazine to purchase I watched a guy standing in front of the flower arrangements and he was literally smiling at himself! He picked up a bunch of the most gorgeous roses merrily smiling at himself all the way to the till. I couldnt get over it. I thought to myself, oh what the heck - im going to buy My Person a bunch too. Not only was it a sweet gesture, I thought he actually really does like fresh roses in his house in general. Also, Why does society make us believe that its the guys duty to buy us roses but its seen as unconventional when women reciprocate?

I bought the flowers because even though he had not bought me flowers yet, he did so much more that I really appreciated. In all honesty i'm not even a flowers type of girl. I think flowers are pretty and all but they very much in my opinion ..well theres alot of other things I would love besides flowers.
But the point is the flowers was a token of gratitude for him always being sweet in ways that I usually took for granted. It was for breaking sexist stereotypes and it was so that whenever he saw flowers, somewhere deep down he would remember or think of me.

And then i did eventually get my bunch of flowers... HA!!!!!
 So go out and buy your person flowers first. Let me know what happens.
 Alls well that ends well :)



No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)