Saturday 8 February 2014

Kalkys in Kalk Bay




Based in Kalk bay harbor, Kalky’s has been around for years. Being one of my dad’s favourite places to eat we usually head to Kalky’s one Sunday sometime in summer and have lunch.

The only thing that puts you off is finding parking as that placed is always choked with visitors. People come their mostly to fish but you would definatly say that Kalkys got an equal amount of the crowd as well. As you step into the place you immediately get that fish sea smell. It makes you hungry. Seriously hungry.
You have to order your food at the till, retain your slip and a waiter will bring the food to you. It’s a great place for Fish and Chips lovers. I ordered the Snoek & chips plus Calamari for R74 and it was a massive portion of food. I’m pretty sure someone else could’ve eaten with me as I didn’t even eat half of it. The sauces on the table are in random plastic bottles (yaaaaaaaay for recycling!) and the tables are all close together so you bound to make a few new friends. I know I did. 

I managed to get a menu to share with you. Do take your family and friends and make a day of it as there’s so much to see that side of the world.



 Also just outside is a stand that sells sweets and treats with the most heavenly candyfloss. If you have a sweet tooth like i do you'd know that no meal is ever complete without something sweet afterwards ;)



1 comment:

  1. this made me hungry and now im craving the calamari and chips ... drool :p

    i waaaaaaaaaant!!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)