Saturday 15 February 2014

Appreciation: Mr Lodewyk



Appreciation

The teacher that’s been the most prominent in my primary school years would definatly be Mr Marwhaan Lodewyk. 

I have fond memories thinking back about little things I may have taken for granted.
The way I remember him is always ALWAYS always dressed in black with wavy long black hair, a chain with a little beaded drum and a monster of a bike. For those of you who are familiar with Bollywood actors, to me he looked like Ajay devgan…or Snape from Harry Potter. Either way he had this twisted sense of humor that not many of my peers really understood. His lessons were something to look forward to! I absolutely loved the way this guy went about teaching…
.
And now that I think about it hes actually taught me a lot. From science to art..to culture and even religion. He was someone you’d look up too. And a man of many talents. Hes a teacher, a mentor…a photographer and he has a passion for what he is doing.  Today if you head over to Habibia Primary you’ll be lucky enough to see this work of art of a man in action. 

He didn’t have the conventional way of teaching. He would walk into the classroom and immediately everyone would stand to greet, islamicly out full…dragging it out it the process which would annoy him greatly and then he’d request us to start again but this time faster like we would if we were greeting a random stranger in the street…but we’d always just end up dragging it again and he’d just give us this look and command we sit. Haha im actually chuckling just thinking about it. He would take a word, put it on the board and let us say whatever it was that first came to mind when we thought of that word. It was really more fun than it sounds and the answers we got were always classic. But the thing about his lessons was that there were no wrong answers. Everyone had the right to be well…unique.  

Now that I’m older, I can still think back and see everything you have taught us word for word. Like with most teachers, communication usually ended when your time ended at a certain institution but even after that you continued being there, always willing to help with my annoying science questions and attending events that were important t me. I feel blessed to even have the privilege of saying I know you and even more blessed that you still part of my life to this day. I take this opportunity to thank you for everything and to wish you an extremely Happy birthday and many more years to come




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)