Friday 7 February 2014

A date in cape town for under R200



Cape Town is one of the most beautiful cities in the whole world. There’s so many things I still have to experience myself. So being a student and on an extremely low budget I’ve had to think of creative date ideas for my darling and I. 

We started our day at the slave lodge. You’d think that historical sites and museums would be boring for a date but I can assure you it was so much fun. Actually I’d say it depends on your interests. We then moved on to walking around down St Georges Mall (I didn’t know it was a street as I was looking for a freaking building, awkward!!). After doing a lot of window shopping and talking about random thing (I’ve been told I talk too much) we headed over to The Castle of Goodhope for a tour. Yes I was a tourist in my own hometown. It was amazing! At 12pm there was a serenade of soldiers doing some march thing taking us back in time as to how it was in the time of Jan Van Riebeck. We got a tour with about 20 other people and were probably just as fascinated as they were. My favourite part of the castle was definatly the torture chamber so do get excited to check that out (50 shades of grey was all I was thinking…)!!
 



When we left the castle we walked up Canterbury road which is directly opposite the castle to Our favourite bakery. Charley’s bakery is a place that I take every visitor too. They have the most amazing cupcakes and petit fours. The staff is so friendly and it gives off that nostalgic feeling. We bought cupcakes and then headed back to Adderley Street to buy food. We hopped into car and jetted off to Newlands forest where we took a blanket and set up our own little picnic. We ate and chilled and talked for hours. It was a pretty cool day.  And it was reasonably in our budget. Yipeeee!



1 comment:

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)