Thursday 13 February 2014

It wasnt till recently that I sighed at the thought of Valentines Day


Every relationship always has one person thats more spontaneous, more creative, more romantic and Id like to think that I am that person. When days like Valentines comes around, I usually go all out.

Like when I think back to last year for Valentines, I managed to get myself up suuuuuper early, went to my then significant others place of work before he got there and left him a note with the security guard to give to him when he arrived. The note led him to a trail which eventually ended up to the gifts which included everything you'd expect for valentines! Hearts...Choclates...Food...A Teddy bear and a card...(in my opinion it was the sweetest thing ever!!)

But when you think about being alone on Valentines day you suddenly feel like theres a weight on your shoulders and that the world expects you to do things you dont even want to do. Suddenly you surrounded by the same  hearts, flowers and the colour red ... the things that made you appreciate Valentines.
But just because you single... in a complicated relationship, the mistress..whichever applies to you, doesnt mean that Valentines Day cant be celebrated by you. Valentines is usualy associated with love. Most people would beg to differ as there is alot of speculation about the origins of the day itself...But you deserve this day just as much as all those loved up couples that have plans and stuff. Treat yourself. Buy your own gifts. or what my high school friends and I used to do was get together in a group and exchange gifts...Take this opportunity to not just make your own day, but someone elses too. All it takes is a small kind gesture. Compliment someone, Make random people passing by smile, Make yourself feel better by  letting others feel better.

Love comes in different forms. If you feeling lonely Dont despair. Your special someone is out there somewhere. The greatest things in life happens to us when we least expect it right? or is it actually when God thinks its best for something to happen?

As for me, Nothing is ruining my Valentines this year...
Ive got my RED dress out and ready to spread all my love <3

I got my red dress on tonight
Dancing in the dark in the pale moonlight
Got my hair up real big beauty queen style
Highheels off, I'm feeling alive

Oh, my God, I feel it in the air
Telephone wires above are sizzling like a snare
Honey I'm on fire I feel it everywhere
Nothing scares me anymore

Kiss me hard before you go
Summertime sadness
I just wanted you to know
That baby you're the best

I've got that summertime, summertime sadness
-Lana Delray




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)