Thursday 13 February 2014

The party for a Photographer




Birthday parties always get me excited! I like to think of myself as a very creative person so when I plan anything I put my whole heart into it. Even more when it’s for someone I love. It was my best friend/darling/photographers birthday and I needed to go all out.

I planned everything a  whole month in advance and saved for an extra-long time. I wasn’t sure at first what it was that I was going to do but once I had a theme everything kind of fell into place.
So I made a list of things I was going to buy and decorations I was going to put up.

1stly I needed to find a way to steal his keys…and make a spare. This was definatly the hardest part. Then I had to purchase 200 balloons, confetti, a happy birthday banner and ofcourse the birthday presents I was going to give.

Initially I wanted to have a Camera cake made but it would’ve worked out to much…so I opted for a dozen of chocolate cupcakes from Charley’s Bakery because we have a special bond associated with it. Then I bought 10 additional helium balloons. I found the cutest little Camera key ring that had a flash everytime you pressed it at Exclusive books. I bought his favourite perfume, a t-shirt I really like underwear that i adored and a ring I picked up at American Swiss that I wrapped in 7 different boxes. I printed about 24 pictures of the two of us and stuck it up on the wall as well as a happy birthday banner and sign. I cut a book open and placed a Camera shaped USB that I got at a techno shop at Canal Walk.
I had a tshirt made that said ‘my heart bel0ongs to a photographer’ to make my surprise even sweeter.

 Picking everything up, getting all the balloons done, getting the food done and still making a cheesecake took what seemed forever! But in the end it all ended well and definatly got the reaction id hoped.  I had one of my cousins and one of my best friends help me on the day. we blew balloons like crazy and tying them even caused my fingers to bleed! But it was well worth it. 

I unfortunatly dont have the pictures of the gifts when they were unwapped...but i figured the post was more for ideas than anything else :) 

Also do drop a comment if you need help planning something for your someone special....
Im always here to help...





2 comments:

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)