Friday 22 August 2014

Chapmans Peak



To me, Friday is Date day/night. Last week(I know this post is delayed) My person and I headed off to HoutBay (Watch this space for the next post) and ended up driving home via Chapman's Peak. The Scenic route.
Now for those of you who don't know:

Chapman’s Peak Drive winds it way between Noordhoek and Hout Bay on the Atlantic Coast on the south-western tip of South Africa.it's one of the most spectacular marine drives in the world.
The 9km route, with its 114 curves, skirts the rocky coastline of Chapman’s Peak (593m), which is the southerly extension of Constantiaberg and is a great hike for the energetically inclined.

Chapman’s Peak Drive is affectionately known as “Chappies” and is a must for anyone who is passionate about the majestic Cape Town scenery, with sheer drops to the sea below and towering mountains rising above you. The twists and curves in the road seem endless and it is a photographers dream. It is a paradise for motorists, sightseers, picnickers, runners, hikers and bikers (both the motorised and the manual varieties).
 [chapmanspeakdrive.co.za]

Here goes:
Chapmans peak drive blogpost
"Because nothing in life is free" -Smiley Aleem
Chapmans peak drive blogpostChapmans peak drive blogpost
Chapmans peak drive blogpost
Chapmans peak drive blogpost
Chapmans peak drive blogpost
This is actually my favourite picture of them all

Chapmans peak drive blogpost

Now usually when I do Chapman's peak I dont really do the hiking trails and the little picnic spots (Which is adorable) so I decided it was time to go and see what I was apparently missing.

My person: "Really Tabassum...You wanna walk? "
Me: "Psssh Yes I wanna walk! I have the rest of the drive home to complain about it..."

And to be totally honest, I dont regret it one bit!
We took a trail as I spotted an abandoned building thing that I just needed to check out and ended up really far from the one I originally wanted to go to but found another one equally as epic!
Chapmans peak drive blogpost
It was so cool (And a great place to take photo's) I wanted to stay. We sat inside and just embraced the view. Also imagined living there (Waddup Qiyamat se Qiyamat Tak movie reference!)
Anyway...
(Oh and take your picnic basket there. So fab!)
Chapmans peak drive blogpost
Dont judge my balding head!
Along the way at stops there's guy that sell little key rings that you just have to buy even though you have 8352 at home already. Peer pressure.
Also I think it was kind of racist that This guy tried to sell me a Chilli.
Chapmans peak drive blogpost
Pssssh! Bought it anyway.
Chapmans peak drive blogpost

A Big THANK YOU to my photographer who stopped the car every 2minutes because I insist I need a picture from every angle (And for always having patience with me). But also A Big 'Tigger Please!' for making me beg you to send it to me. (Hence why I dont have all the pictures in this blogpost my lovelies).
Will have to do for now.

Chapman's Peak is the perfect place to go if you feel like bunking campus or work or whatever you do. Perhaps to have a heart to heart conversation with your loved one? Or if you, like me, Sometimes need to take in the beauty of nature and find perspective.

Chapman's Peak is all about the view.

Cant wait for you to check it out. Do let me know if you do happen to go.
#capetownmyhome

Smiley Face,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)