Friday 8 August 2014

A party at Ocean Basket

It was Bhana's 20-sumthing birthday (Happy birthday Bhana!) and to celebrate we decided to head off to Ocean Basket as she was apparently Lus'ing for it since forever. Yeah the birthday boy/girl gets to choose where we go. On a normal day my opinion would usually get preference.(Because i'm awesome).

So we headed to Canal walk because we had a lot of other shopping to as well(I mean when does shopping really end anyway?) And had a really good time. Its one of the Ocean baskets where you always get great service. (Cavendish being my favorite).

I took a few(not so few) pictures and thought Id share them with you.





Something I really love about my family is we always take over. Wherever we go. We brought our presents, got a few balloons and literally made ourselves at home. Not that anyone minded infact as we publicly humiliated Bhana by singing happy birthday(loudly) 2 other tables merrily joined along.


Jewels made each of us a little holder for a Ferrero Just because shes such a creative soul. I personally thought it was such a cute idea. Each one got 1 but the birthday girl got 5. (Obviously I stole a few from her but Shhhh).
The platter for one
The Three way Calamari
The pick of the ocean
Did you know you have the option of adding Cajun spice to your food? For the spice lover. I had the spice added to my fish and it was gorgeous. Not too strong. Not too spicy.
The Saganaki
 The Saganaki is something we all love! Its not on the menu anymore but its still very much available. Basically it Calamari tubes stuffed with Feta cheese(hmmm) and then grilled so when you pop it into your mouth the cheese just Oooozes out all that yummy goodness. (I'm hungry now).

You can almost bet your house on the fact that whenever I go to a sushi serving restaurant im definitely going to order Prawn Or Salmon Fashion sandwiches. To be quite honest I feel like the Fashion sandwich sushi is the only good sushi you'll get at ocean basket as I haven't been impressed with the rest.



No birthday cake? No problem!
see our balloons!

My beautiful Bhana 
Wishing you many more years to come and so much love and happiness.

Also Thank you to Solomon (our waiter) for being so great.

Smiley rating: 8/10
Vibe: In my family make it whatever you want to.

Address
Shop 92, Canal Walk, Century Boulevard, Century City
Telephone
021 555 2331

2 comments:

  1. I can see from pics that everyone at the party would had a blast and complete fun. My sister has to organize couple of corporate events this month and I think I can give this idea to her as she was quite nervous as she is doing things independently for the first time.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)