Saturday 30 August 2014

Breakfast at the Blue train

Being in town at insane hours of the morning its hard to actually find a place open that serves breakfast that suits me. Most eating places open at 11am or thereabout. Im not sure if you remember my last post about The Blue train (Which can be read here) where I said I'd give them a second chance?
Well I did. And it was heavenly to say the least.

So my Bud and I headed off because he's really serious when it comes to place having a halaal certificate (like we all should be...but I guess im more open. DONT JUDGE ME!).I was skeptical to go back but oh well. I had nothing to lose.

I still maintain that the space is waaay too cramped for claustrophobic people but since we were there so early we shared the place with 2 other patrons.
The breakfast menu is vast. I think it took us about 10 miuntes to decide what it is we wanted and even when we said we where ready to order...We werent really. Im indecisive. Deal with it!

Atlantic express the blue trainI opted for the Farmer's Omelette which was made up of 3 eggs, mushrooms, macon, onions, cheddar cheese, tomato and your choice of bread for toast. (Insanely big slices of toast might I add.. I loved that the eggs were so light and fluffy. And the textures really complimented each other well. Also having the cheese ooze out everytime you cut into it saw my happy face. And it was super filling aswell.
And it cost me R55. Well worth it.
boss breakfast My bud decided to go for the Boss's Breakfast -Like a boss. It included 2 (Big) slices of toast topped with cream cheese, salmon, tomato, onion, Avocado(hmmm my favourite) and chilli. It was rather weird though as he doesn't eat anything raw(sushi hater but hasn't even tried sushi) so I didnt think he'd enjoy it but he did. It was what a breakfast should be. Light and wholesome.


 And Masala Chai is great with any drink in my opinion. (Picture taken from the Glam Locket coz mine got corrupted. Sikes!)

Im keen on trying the Spinacha nd Feta next.

 The great thing was they are open at 8am everyday and its not too busy so you can stick around for a while. Have a cuppa coffee or two and complain about things or rush to get an assignmnet done (story of my life!).
I'd recommend it- The breakfast part.
 Try it and Holla at me.

Smiley Face,

Atlantic Express 1B Regent Road, Church Street, Seapoint

021 4393038

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)