Sunday 16 March 2014

The couple thats got me inspired

While out one night I met the loveliest couple. We sat at the same table and immediately we struck up a conversation. I felt like I had known them for years. They were really such a pleasure to be with.

I smiled as she made his collar right and made sure his shirt was still fine. After being married for 16 years they shared their story with me. Both of them worked in the library industry. He is muslim and she was christian. At the time of their meeting she was engaged to another guy but somehow through a lot of trails and tribulations they found themselves together. That time people were still skeptical about mixed marriages and inter racial affairs. Her mother hated him. Im not sure if it was because he was coloured or because he was muslim. It was so bad her mother said he could only marry her on condition that he took an HIV test first.

I looked at them in awe. To this day I still maintain that no man or woman is ever worth giving up your family for but what they made me realize was that we don't know where or with who our destiny is. Although he was treated so badly by her family it didn't deter him or their relationship together. After so many years of marriage they still find time to write each other poems and they still have that loving look in their eyes when they look at each other. They just look so perfect together. After everything,  her mother said to him so many years later that she wished her sons were like him.

So what now Tabassum? Follow your heart and be happy OR Follow whats expected and make everyone else happy
Cheers to Goosain and Naeema for being so amazing and for making me think differently

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)