Sunday 16 March 2014

My first train ride




No-one believe me when I say I’ve never travelled by train so yesterday I decided to drag my friend along with me a visit her boyfriend all the way in Simons  Town. Actually my intention was to go to the navy festival and I’m not even going to give it its own blog post because it really wasn’t all that.

Anyway so my train ride!
After class I got my darling and we walked to the Cape town Train station (not to far from campus) and I felt like I walked into the airport. Seriously it looked like an airport. The boarding boards and everything. We bought our tickets which was R15!!!! How??? For those of you who don’t know, Simons Town is on the other side of the peninsula. I couldn’t believe it. It would probably cost you like R150 petrol taking a car.

So we find our platform and I find myself starting my journey of the first train ride. (OH YES! I can scratch this off my list). It starts off slow but comforting. I have this weird thing where my best place to sleep is in a moving car. I don’t know I just love it. So imagine how perfect a sleep in the train would be.  I get excited at every place we stopped which was literally like every 5 minutes. And then it started getting annoying.  Really annoying. And eventually I started getting dizzy. Motion sickness I’m guessing. It took us a full hour and 17minutes to finally get us to our destination but I really shouldn’t complain because the last leg of the journey gave us the most incredible view.  



 



I freakin love this childs dimples!!


P.s I was kind of pissed as no one checked my ticket for the entire journey and i was planning on taking a photo with whoever did.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)