Saturday 29 March 2014

Silent treatment


I confess, Silent treatment is one of my greatest weapons. ANd effectively so.

I know for a fact that most people I give "silent treatment" usually cracks and eventually I achieve whatever it is that I wanted. So yes in the short term its great. You have your partner (or anyone else really) wondering what they did wrong, what they can do to make it up to you and what they can do to get you to start talking again.

But let me advise you on how horrible it actually is. I for one know that just as I love giving silent treatment, being on the receiving end is even worse. I'm Generally a really stubborn person. Its my way or the highway. So even though this method usually shows results and even though im guilty of using it way to often, I urge you not to. Its actually a "Silent Killer" to any relationship. If I could use an example of my own, whenever I'm extremely mad I ignore him, completely shut him out and depending on the degree of anger, could possibly go a few days without even speaking to him. But why? What does it achieve?
In the long run, you create resentment. Its your own personal wedge that you yourself are driving between one another. So pretty soon you'll have him not caring about your little rants and eventually he'll respond(or not) by doing the same to you. In a relationship, you have the right to tell your spouse what it is exactly thats bothering you. Do NOT resort to silence. Sit down and talk about it. Listen to what the person is saying. APOLOGISE (and thats big coming from me). Say whats on your mind and be honest. "I dont like that you dont spend as much time with me as you used to" or "I feel that you have changed" and explain why you feel that way. If talking to your other half is really such a problem for you, ask yourself why. Communication, respect and unending love for someone is the base of any relationship in my opinion.

The worse thing you can do is bottle up your emotions. You'll end up confiding in the worst person ever and then you'll have resentment and regret. Great.
Sort out the problem at hand immediatly. Dont let it build up. Dont let your relationship suffer because of pettiness and miscommunication.

Oh and P.s
If you ever did need to talk... I'm always here :)


2 comments:

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)