Friday 7 March 2014

My walk to campus







Every single God-given morning I die a little inside. The walk up to my building from were the bus drops me is seriously torture! And I swear im not exagerating. Its about a kilometer UPHILL!!! I already dont like walking now im forced to!

So what I do is, walk a little then stop. Then walk a little...and stop. I have landmarks where to stop now. and I reward myself at each of my three stops with a sip the most precious gift of all: ICE WATER(nothing beats it).

 But this morning, something was different. Instead of me complaining to myself about how far I still had to go and how I was going to be late for class, I stopped in the middle of nowhere and just soaked in my surroundings. What I realized was that here I was on my way to campus to study something i'm absolutely loving, walking, breathing, seeing, hearing, feeling... Instead of complaining (which ill probably do tomorrow again) I took time out to be thankful for all I have and all the things money cant buy me. As I was walking I felt like my very own movie was being shot.

I looked up and I had the most beautiful view of Table Mountain. Suddenly I felt so blessed to be living in this Amazing city. I walked pass a guy with crutches and I was thankful for legs, even though they were aching from this long walk to freedom. I walked pass a guy begging at the robot as realized how privileged I am to have a family to go home to, to have food, to have clothes...hell to have my own room. When I got to my last stop on my way I sat down on this little wooden fence thing and waited till I caught my breath(I swear walking up is hard! if you dont believe me walk up with me one day, but bring your water bottle because its worse than an hour at the gym!) so as im sitting watching cars go by and school students marching, I notice a friend of mine walking towards me giving me the most beautiful smile I cant help but smile back. As she comes closer she immediatly tells me to get up because we were going to campus and thats the end of it. She would hear nothing else. And then I found myself being thankful for the amazing friends I have. The friends who were always there motivating me, encouraging me to always do better and the friends who were with me through good times and bad.
It wasnt long after that when I finally arrived at my destination and I was thankful for being alive. Just alive. I felt the need to thank God for all his given me(and all he hasnt-He knows best) and for once not complain to him all the time.

My walk to campus today was enlightening. Take 5 minutes to think of everything you greatful for I pray your day will be just as gorgeous as mine was.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)