Tuesday 6 May 2014

A birthday in hospital?

It's 7am and i'm at campus already. Not because I want to be But because my mother had an order she had to drop off at hospital and asked me to go with her. What an experiance it was.

As some of you should know, Im no stranger to hospitals. Besides having been a nurse for a year, many of my family members and friends have been in and out. Some better and some in a better place. That's just the way the cookie crumbles. My mom's aunt goes for Kidney Dialysis at Groote Schuur Hospital and the group of people she gets treated with (there are 6 of them) have become so close you could almost say they are one happy family now. One of the family members getting treated had a birthday today and my mom had to make individual plates of savouries for each patient.

The look on their faces was well worth it. We lit a candle (I know right...who brings fire into a hospital...I was on my nerves!) we stuck it in a platter of tarts and we all sang Happy Birthday in unison. It was delightful.

I guess it was extra special for me as today is my late uncle's birthday. It hasnt been 40 days yet but it seems like we all still waiting for him to get back from hospital. Happy birthday Mamu. We miss you so much.

Prep started super early already
How cute isnt this?
 
 


The birthday boy


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)