Thursday 10 April 2014

*Tinkies*

While hopelessly standing in front of a chips stand at the shop not too far from campus, my hands are loaded with things I want to buy. The lady at the counter already knows i'm that chick that smiles way too much and buys a can of dry lemon every God-Given day. But today I decided to browse the Chocolate's section and I FOUND TINKIES!!! Whaaaat??? The last time I had one was when I was in Grade 6, I'm sure. My late uncle used to bring boxes at a time and we used to eat so much it even became nauseating.


So I buy 1 and have nostalgia hit me like a brick. I was literally staring at the packaging for almost 10 minutes and couldnt get over the fact that they were still being manufactured. I hadn't seen one in ages. And suddenly I missed my uncle much more then I usually do. Eventually i opened the packet and took my first bite. Yeeeeeeees...it was exactly like I remembered it.(ok it wasnt as amazing) but the taste was there. The filling. The softness. The childhood memories of what my lunchbox used to look like everyday.

My Tinkie or Twinkie as my uncle used to call it definitely made my day today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)