Tuesday 15 April 2014

Coffee in Heaven

Today, while roaming the streets of my beautiful city a friend and I passed a huge church in Greenmarket Square, Corner Longmarket & Burg Streets, that caught my attention. I don't know what it is about churches and cemeteries that always tend to attract me for some weird reason. Anyway, as we walk closer we realise it's actually a little coffee shop that's based inside of the church. "Can they do that?" I kept wondering if having a coffee shop in a church was a good idea. In fact, it was lovely. The shop does not really have much on the menu but I promise you the Coffee is sooo good!
All proceeds go to the less fortunate so don't hesitate to give a little something extra to your bill.

Let me show you why I love this place :)
As you walk in you immediately feel the love <3 a fantastic place to take someone that's feeling abit on the down side. I was in a great mood when I got there but whatever I saw definatly lifted my spirit even more.

Sarah- one of the friendliest people Ive met



A cracked mirror that says "there's a crack in everything, thats how the light gets in..."




How adorable aren't those little cupcakes!!!
The coffee was so frothy I actually mistook it for a cappucino

At the main entrance of the church is a huge mirror that reminds anyone that pases by that they are indeed beautiful. Definatly made my day :)
I was lucky enough to actualy meet people there...praying for various things and kindly asked them to pray for me too.
On my coffee cup holder was words of wisdom. I loved it so much that i took the liberty of typing it out so I could share it with all of you in the hope that you, like me will get inspired. Here goes:
Things to remember on earth as it is in heaven...
you are born in love by love and for love. you are beautiful. your enemy is also beautiful. the stranger is actually a member of your family- in fact everyone is family- all 7 billion of us. all violence is family violence. forgive. the real heroes are those who wrestle with addiction in truth and grace. widows orphans foreigners are the holy trinity. hunger is a weapon of mass destruction(disarmed by generosity). you cant have love without truth. seek silence. love casts out fears. God is not a possession of the church. start over often. food comes from the earth and not the shops. the holy land is not a place to visit- it is every place to value. forgive again. plant some seeds. breathe and smile. JC rode on a donkey not a car. the gentle inherit the earth. repeat out loud: "I am beautiful". Now tell some they are beautiful. homeless people are people first. humankind: be both. we own nothing, everything is a gift. when you throw rubbish away, ask yourself where away is. forgive yourself. to listen is to love. explore the mystery of prayer. to say that some people are saved and others are not is hate speech. walk back to your office the long way. make time for music. difference is divine. it is difficult for the rich to enter the Kingdom of God- affording to pay for this coffee means you are rich-uncomfortable? Now you know why JC was crucified. dont worship your religion. grace makes the world go round. touch the earth lightly. you-yes you- are the light of the world. there are no ordinary people. cry. God enjoys you. you are forgiven- like completly forgiven. go in peace.

 A service was held and is usualy held at various times which can be found on their website at www.cmm.org.za. Alternatly they can be contacted at 021 422 2744

 Dont forget to go and get your cup of Coffee in heaven :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)