Tuesday 1 April 2014

Friends?

My new years resolution this year was to be there for anyone and everyone that needed me, regardless if I wasn't on speaking terms with the person or if we were going through bad blood. I would put my feelings aside and just be that friend everyone needed. Its been working so far but honestly its really exhausting.
I'm not sure how much more I can still handle.

What Ive noticed is that although appreciated, most people get so used to you being there and forgiving all the time that they tend to think of you as a walk-over and don't really value your presence as much as you would like them too. People start taking you for granted.Which is whats likely to happen. We tend to go to people that hurt us and push away those who don't. Cruel reality really. So even though im still here for everyone, Ive decided to make time for myself as well. But this post isn't about negatives.

While talking to a friend recently she said that she wont make time for people that didnt make time for her. Fair enough, it sounds fair right?
But Imagine if everyone thought that way. We'd have a whole bunch of people not talking to each other because of pride perhaps, not wanting to annoy someone or simply because they feel its your duty to keep contact. Who is responsible for keeping a friendship alive anyway. Please answer yourself because each and everyone of us has the mindset that its the duty of the next person and if they don't bother its so simple for us to just disregard it and lose contact altogether. Im not saying send a million messages everyday to annoy the hell out of someone. But do send a random message checking up on people you don't talk to often because of whatever reason. I for one know that I have quite a few friends that I don't talk to for a good couple of weeks but when we do its like we just spoke yesterday. And that's how things should be. Don't get me wrong, Sometimes even I feel like 'Why should I make the effort alone to keep contact' but you do it because friendship is one of theeeee most important things. (At least, it is to me)

Go through your contact list and simply send a friend a random message, tell someone how much you appreciate them or even arrange to meet up.

What i've learnt is that nothing lasts forever but we sure can make it last for aslong as we can.

2 comments:

  1. probably the most hypocritical post i have ever read.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh yea..sorry i forgot to add happy april fools
    Sigh...

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)