Friday 31 January 2014

Fish therapy



While reading an article on one of my chomma’s blog’s I saw Fish therapy that I felt I just needed to try. I gathered 3 of my lovely ladies to try it with me. We arrived at the Little Heritage Hotel in Bree street, Cape town. The atmosphere was gorgeous. There was an antique feel to the foyer and the restaurant looked and smelt devine. 

  We entered the spa which was a little room with chairs and immediately we saw these two chairs      with tanks attached with the fish in it. All of us were excited!


 

We had to put our feet in a bowl of water to remove anything that was previously applied. An angel of an assistant dried our feet and guided us to the tank. As I lowered my feet into the water the fish immediately started eating at the dead skin cells. The Garra Ruffa fish is used for this treatment and theres no way they could possibly bite you as they have no teeth. The initial feeling was ticklish but afterwards it was just like little vibrations on your feet
.







After 5 minutes of chatting to my people I had forgotten that these fish were still at work. And I can honestly say that after 10 minutes I was starting to get bored (I unfortunately have a low attention span). The treatment that we took lasted for 15 minutes and costed R70. I wouldn’t highly recommend it as I thought the tanks needed more fish and the fish can only bite off loose skin so people with hard heels and bad feet wouldn’t really see a difference.  A pedicure would do wonders though. 

Add caption
But after that 15 minutes my feet did feel a tad bit lighter. Id say do it for the experience and brag to your girlfriend that you too went for fish therapy at the spa.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for reading. Do leave a comment and let me know what you think. Be sure to leave your blogsites and ill be sure to check them out :)